ICFM 2021 : The 2nd International Conference on Functional Materials
Cavtat, Croatia, June 10-14, 2021
Aims and Scope
With success of the International Conference on Functional Materials (ICFM) held at Tohoku University, Japan in 2019, the 2nd ICFM will be held in Cavtat, Croatia, from 10th to 14th June, 2021. The 2nd ICFM provides the best platform for scientists and engineers to present and share their achievements on recent advances in functional materials. This conference will also provide golden opportunities for the delegates to exchange their ideas, and to establish research collaborations as well as to find global partners for future collaborations. We hope that the conference results will lead to significant contributions to the core technology knowledge exchanges in these up-to-date scientific fields.
We cordially invite you to participate to exchange in ICFM.
As coronavirus spreads worldwide, the conference offers alternative presentation methods due to travel restrictions and/or fear of travel via virtual presentation (online/video). Meanwhile, considering the safety of all participants, the organizer will provide mask, hand sanitizer, and other measures will be taken during the conference to maintain a safe idea exchange environment.
Topics of Interest
- Building materials
- Carbon based materials
- Earthquake materials and design
- Environmental friendly materials
- High strength alloys
- Intelligent materials systems
- Iron and steel
- Materials processing and handling
- Metallurgical science
- Metallurgical fundamentals and techniques
- Micro/Nano materials
- New functional materials
- New energy materials
- Non ferrous metal material
- Optical, Electronic, Magnetic materials
- Polymeric materials
- Processing technology for functional materials
- Smart and intelligent materials
- Thin films Mechanical behavior and fracture
- Tool testing and evaluation of materials
ICFM 2021 solicits papers in the following three categories:
- Long papers: technical papers reporting original research or survey papers
- Short papers: papers reporting promising work-in-progress, system descriptions, position papers on controversial issues, or survey papers providing a synthesis of some current research trends
- Extended abstracts of recently published work in a relevant journal or top-tier conference
Regular research papers should be at most 10 pages (including references, figures, and tables). Short papers should be between 6 and 8 pages. Extended abstracts should be at most 2 pages and should reference the originally published work.
Submissions will be blind reviewed by the Program Committee on the basis of technical quality, relevance to scope of the conference, originality, significance, and clarity.
Accepted papers will be included into Proceedings of ICCMST IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering (ISSN: 1757-899X), which have been indexed in the past by Scopus, etc.
Special issue: Journal Materials (ISSN 1996-1944; Impact Factor: 2.972 (2018) )
For online and index information: http://www.mdpi.com/journal/materials
Accepted and registered papers of ICFM 2021 with extension can be recommend to publish in Journal Materials.
- Manuscripts submission deadline: January 20, 2021
- First view notification: Before February 10, 2021
- Acceptance/Rejection Notification: March 05, 2021
- Registration Deadline: March 05, 2021
- Conference dates: June 10 - 14, 2021